Forged Metal Cutlery - 14 Hour Instruction
|Dates:||August 1-8, 2019 Other Dates|
|Meets:||Scheduled to be Determined - 14 Hours of 1-1 Instruction, 2 sessions|
|Location:||Red Rock Tools|
There are 5 openings remaining at this time.
Email Information to a Friend
From sous chef and fishermen to hunters and outdoor enthusiasts, join blade smith Steve Grosvenor to create a piece of cutlery with fit, finish, and performance personalized to you! Design, grind, forge, heat treat, temper, and finish to create a masterpiece of functional art. For beauty and performance, choose from an array of handle materials to compliment your forged cutlery. All materials included along with a $15 allowance for cutlery handle material. Upgrade handle materials available to purchase at class. One-on-one instruction - 14 hour schedule to be determined upon registration. Ages 18 and up.
ARGUS LEADER ARTICLE - FORGED IN FIRE - https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.argusleader.com/amp/1079216001
- Phone interview with instructor prior to registration
- Basic tool knowledge necessary
- Wear comfortable, fitted, heavy work gloves. You'll be using both hands and different operations with both, tongs in one hand and hammer in the other, gloves must be well-fitted otherwise the risk of dropping a 2200 degree piece of hot steel is elevated
- This is a strenuous class, so you must be in good physical shape
- Bring any snacks and water. The forge is hot, the shop is hot so 40-60oz of water is recommended
- Total instruction time is 14 hours plus an hour each day for lunch. Bring your lunch or Beresford has a Subway, Burger King and a grocery store cafe
You may also be interested in these related courses: