Fee Based Transportation: Pilot
******************Important Information Please Read Prior to Registering******************
Fee Based Transportation is a pilot program. Payment is due at the time of registration. Students who register by November 26, 2013 will secure a spot for Spring 2014 transportation. Students who register after this date, spaces will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
For District Transportation Questions please call (605) 367.7276
There will be NO REFUNDS unless the district finds a replacement rider. Fee-based riders are subject to the District Discipline Policies. No refunds will be issued, even if the rider is suspended from the bus for a violation of the discipline policy. The parent/guardian is responsible for the student until the student boards the bus. Discounted rates are available to students who qualify for free and reduced lunch rate, or for a family registering 3 or more students. To receive the discount please follow the applicable instructions below:
- Instructions For Students Who Qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch Rate
- Step One: Create a Community Education account online, skip this step if you already have one.
- Step Two: Email the student's name and student id number to email@example.com to have your online discount set up in your profile.
- Step Three: Wait to register until receiving an email from our office, stating your discount has been applied to your account.
- Step Four: Once you receive the email from our office, log into your Community Education account and purchase your bus pass.
- Instructions For Families Registering 3 or more Students
- Please Call Community Education at (605) 367-7999.
The Sioux Falls School District and its bus transportation provider, School Bus Inc., have established fee-based bus route options for students attending specialized schools/programs. Students in need of transportation get on a bus at the elementary school assigned to their home address, transfer at Patrick Henry Middle School under supervision, and continue the ride to their specialized school/program.
In the afternoon, students load the bus at their specialized school/program, transfer under supervision at Patrick Henry Middle School and continue to ride the bus to their after-school destination. Extended afternoon routes allow buses to drop students off near daycare to accommodate working parents.
Fee-based bus service is available to students who are enrolled in the following programs:
- All City Elementary at Jane Addams (AM ONLY service available)
- Challenge Center at Garfield Elementary
- Eugene Field A+ Elementary
- Lowell Math, Science, and Technology Elementary
- Spanish Immersion at Rosa Parks Elementary
- Spanish Immersion at Robert Frost Elementary
There are no scheduled sessions at this time. Sign up to be notified when this course is available.